AirSea Packing Group, Inc. is looking for highly committed and enthusiastic warehouse operatives. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic professional with a flawless attention to detail, excellent communication skills along with the ability to provide world-class service to our exclusive clientele. If you are a team player, committed, understand what customer service is all about and you are looking for an opportunity to join a growing team we strongly recommend that you apply!
As part of our “new normal” we have established new health and safety policies that we expect all employees to adhere to which include: daily temperature readings/wellness checks, practicing social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing, and wearing personal protective gear.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our warehouse operatives will receive, handle, and move materials/products within the warehouse while contributing to the overall customer service experience. Warehouse operatives verify the description, quantity, and condition of inventory. They will provide assistance with product handling, packing, inventory control, maintain completed paperwork, follow systemic procedures, operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner, and demonstrate an understanding of health & safety requirements.
Strong commitment to the philosophy and goals of the company is important. Must be available for a flexible schedule which may include some evenings and weekends.
Experience in packing, handling, creating cases, organizing, fine furniture is preferred.
- Packing- Handle and prepare items for storage or transport using appropriate packing material and technique. Commonly packed items:
– Fine furniture
– Historical/ Archeological Artifacts
– Other high-end items
- Case Making – Use the measurement knowledge to create wood cases for packing in different diameters.
- Space Management – Ensure the warehouse is clean, neat, and organized; maintain an inventory of storage items classified by sectors according to customers.
- Handles and delivers cargo, materials, furniture, or artwork in accordance with Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintains/logs records of materials and products transported.
- A clear understanding of design furniture inspection, the ability to create accurate and detailed condition reports.
- Ability to work on an iPad, catalog inventories, and process design furniture.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices & procedures.
- Uses proper handling procedures to protect and secure cargo items for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assists in the manual loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Obtains appropriate signature and ensures documentation is completed in accordance with company standards.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- All candidates must be enthusiastic and hardworking with a clean-cut, well-groomed appearance.
- You have at least 2 years of fine furniture handling and moving experience.
- Understand how to properly load and unload merchandise from trucks.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- You’re flexible to work weekends as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and pull.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor on a regular basis.
Air-Sea provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty status as a covered veteran, military status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state and local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Air-Sea complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.