Art Handler/Driver (Non-CDL) Position
ASP Fine Art Services LLC is an art installation, transportation, storage, and logistics company servicing high-end clientele in the fine art and design industry.
If you’re looking to grow in the world of fine art logistics and you have a passion for it, then we just may have the perfect role for you!
ASP Fine Art Services is seeking talented and driven Art Handler/Drivers to join our organization. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic professional with flawless attention to detail, excellent communication skills, along with the ability to provide world-class service to our exclusive clientele.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering, receiving, and transporting fine art and other merchandise to residential and commercial locations, airports, seaports, or rail ports. Constant understanding that you are the face of the company and remaining keenly aware that customer service is a top priority and required!
Strong commitment to the philosophy and goals of the company is important. Must be available for a flexible schedule which may include some nights and weekends.
As part of our “new normal” we have established new health and safety policies that we expect all employees to adhere to which include: daily temperature readings/wellness checks, practicing social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing, and wearing personal protective gear.
- Knowledge of: archival materials, fine art packing techniques, and crating.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and materials used for art transport.
- Strong installation skills: knowledge of hardware and tools, strong math skills, and the ability to install flatwork, grids, and three-dimensional works.
- A clear understanding of fine art inspection, the ability to create accurate and detailed condition reports.
- Ability to work on an iPad, catalog inventories, and process artwork.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices & procedures.
- Work both on-site and in the warehouse.
- Responsible for safely operating trucks/oversized vehicles with a capacity of 3 tons or more.
- Uses proper handling procedures to protect and secure cargo items for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assists in the manual loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with base supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new locations.
- Responsible for the pre-trip and post-trip inspection and reporting maintenance matters to management for remedy.
- Records and maintains truck logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of and complying with City, State, and Federal traffic regulations.
- Obtains customer signature and ensures documentation is completed in accordance with company standards.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with fine art in a similar art-related industry.
- Knowledge of: art, mediums, and the ability to speak about art and contribute thoughts and ideas when appropriate.
- Understand how to properly load and unload merchandise from trucks.
- Knowledge in art history, production, fabrication, and carpentry is a plus.
- Ability to perform in fast-paced high-pressure work environments.
- Successfully execute problem-solving skills, able to work with a team, and independently.
- Ability to work closely with high-end clients.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Valid and clean driver’s license, experience driving a 16′ – 24′ box truck, and maintaining compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and pull.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor on a regular basis.
ASP Fine Art Services LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty status as a covered veteran, military status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state and local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Air-Sea complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.